Friday, March 13, 2009

Self Portrait

The boys have this wild idea that they want to grow their hair out. (I am pretty sure I had boys so I wouldn't have to do hair! So much for that idea.) They have ALWAYS had their head shaved, so this is a new adventure for us. And, to tell you the truth, we're struggling a bit with it. They have so many cowlicks that it gets to a certain length and it won't lay down and it won't stand up. We call it the Q-tip. That is the length Dono's is at right now. (Declyn's invalid mean mom had an incident while trying to trim the sides of his hair so he had shave it and start from the beginning.) Anyway, for school on Monday I couldn't let Dono go as the q-tip so we went to the bathroom and tried to do something with it. We put some gel in it and attempted to spike it. The sides are too long so we just combed those down. I thought it looked presentable so we took him to school. Well when we went to pick him up Teacher Melissa came out laughing saying she had to tell us just how funny Dono was. Then she handed us this self-portrait Donovyn drew. She said that he was all proud of it and told her that's exactly how he looks . . "spikey on top and church boy on the sides."

1 comment:

Mandie said...

Your kids are so funny! They say the cutest things! Tell everyone HI!